MEDICAL MESSAGE PRACTITIONER
Medical massage does not refer to any specific technique and may, in fact, utilize various massage modalities. By definition, medical massage is massage therapy prescribed by a physician, performed following the directives of that physician.
Oncology massage is the modification of existing massage therapy techniques in order to safely work with complications of cancer and cancer treatment.
Essential aspects of an oncology massage therapist’s skill set are an informed understanding of the disease itself and the many ways it can affect the human body; the side effects of cancer treatments, such as medications, surgery, chemotherapy and radiation; and the ability to modify massage techniques in order to adapt for these side effects, as well as for the disease.
BENEFITS OF MASSAGE THERAPY
– Enhanced blood circulation: Therapy helps to increase blood circulation, healing injuries faster.
– Minimizes pain: The massage can work wonders when it comes to reducing pain from the injury.
– Provide relax: Therapy is powerful enough to provide immense relaxation to the muscles adjacent to the injured area.
– Strength: Therapy provides strength to the body’s muscles that have been weakened due to the injury.
– Realignment of tissues: Therapy is powerful when it comes to realigning damaged and dislocated tissues, preventing further damage or injury.
– Releases adhesions: This is known as scar tissue that can form due to an injury and stick itself to adjacent muscles or other tissues.
– Minimizes tension: Therapy is extremely beneficial when it comes to minimizing tension in sprains and other injuries.
– Performance enhancements: Therapy is the top choice for athletes, enhancing overall sports performance.
– Stress reduction: We experience stress in our daily lives. Massage therapy alleviates that stress and tension our bodies experience.
– Rejuvenates body: After all the stress, tension and hard work we face; therapy is recommended to rejuvenate our body; Prepare, Prevent!
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS OF MASSAGE THERAPY
- – Reduces Stress
- – Reduces Depression
- – Reduces Muscular Pain
- – Reduces Tension Headaches
- – Reduces Back Pain
- – Reduces Scar Tissue
- – Reduces toxins that have been trapped and have built up within the muscles
- – Reduces pain due to carpal tunnel syndrome
- – Increases muscle flexibility, function, tone, and strength
- – Increases Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Circulation
- – Increases Peristalsis (digestion)
- – Increases oxygen flow to muscle fibers
- – Increases energy flow
- – Loosens adhesions in muscle fibers
- – Improves posture
- – Helps prevent new injuries
- – Increases body awareness
- – Makes you feel good